Pizza vending machine in Hiroshima

JTF_Chris

Administrator
Aug 6, 2018
JapanTravelForum.com
I really really really hate the "ZOMG VENDING MACHINE" type of nonsense that goes on wrt Japan. Yes there are vending machines everywhere. Not all of them have panties and bread and now, pizza, in them.... But whatever. Like the video shows you can get hot pizza at 5:30 am..

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/09/06/business/pizza-vending-machine-attracts-crowds-hiroshima/

Want a piping hot pizza any time you feel like one? So did truck driver Yoshiharu Taniguchi, who craved freshly made Italian pies when he worked long nights. His solution: hunt for a pizza vending machine.
He tracked down an Italian company that manufactured them, and a few years later it developed one for Japan.

Shortly after the vending machine was installed in Hiroshima’s Nishi Ward in late July, it went viral on social media and attracted crowds within a week.

Screaming_Emu

Aug 13, 2018
Front Royal, VA
"The Great Firewall" in China isn't allowing me to watch the video, but I do find myself a big fan of Japan's vending machine culture. A lot of people make a big deal out of the unscrupulous ones, but honestly I think with all my time there I've only seen a couple of those. But as a fan of canned coffee and awesome Japanese soft drinks, I for one welcome our vending machine overlords.

Whether it's pizza at 5 am or the beer machine on the floor of my usual hotel in Narita, I'm a fan.

JTF_Chris

Administrator
Aug 6, 2018
JapanTravelForum.com
Oh yeah, I am a fan of the vending machines also. Just not of the general trend towards "X is HUGE EVERYWHERE in Japan!" type of thing that happens so often. Because its just not. This machine is pretty cool. Can't imagine it really becoming pervasive tho.