Introduction

Aug 13, 2018
Front Royal, VA
Good afternoon!

My name is Joe and I'm a Japanophile.

"Hi Joe!"

I grew up as a DOD brat moving around the world every 3-6 years. I lived in downtown Tokyo (Meguru) from the ages of 3-6 years old (1986-1989). I have a few memories from those three years, but my love for Japan really grew when my parents dragged us back to Yokota AFB in 2001. I had just finished high school and was preparing to go to college when we moved back. Because I only had vague memories from our previous stay, everything in Japan seemed new...yet it also felt familiar. Like a never ending feeling of deja vu I would encounter sounds and smells that felt comfortable, yet I had no idea what they were. As I explored the Tokyo area with my siblings we became hooked. I returned to visit as many times as I could.

Now I'm a cargo pilot flying all over the world. I get to visit both Narita and Nagoya on a regular basis and get out to explore as much as my jet lag allows. I look forward to sharing some of my adventures with everyone and will attempt to answer any questions that people have about getting out to explore this awesome country.

Positive SSL